Welcome to the QCYSF website. Keep checking back as we make enhancements over the next few months.
Long time Quad Cities resident and current Rock Island Asst Girls Varsity Basketball Coach Henry Hall discusses youth sports.
Top Ten Ways To Show Good Sportsmanship While You are Kicking Your Opponents Butt.
10. Helping a player up after knocking them down.
9. Handing the ball to a referee every chance you get even after a bad call.
8. Projecting positivity even when ticked.
7. High five teammates whenever close.
6. Cheering on teammates when they do good and bad.
5. Quit shaking your head at everybody.
4. Make eye contact with every ref, coach, adult when they are talking to you.
3. Don't be yelling YEAAAAAH after every routine play.
2. Show respect after the game to the other team win or loose by shaking hands and give up a "good job".
1. Look in the mirror and blaming only who you see when you lose.
Quad Cities Youth Sports Foundation was founded in 2015 with a single goal, and that was to improve the quality of youth sports in the area. We do this by developing programs dedicated to helping youth in need, recognizing individuals that have made a positive impact on youth sports in the area, providing education and information to the consumer to improve knowledge, conducting all-star caliber events designed to showcase incredible achievements, and to conduct research and collect information during youth sporting events to develop strategies for improvement.
We're always looking for new and interesting ways to enhance youth sports in the Quad Cities. If you'd like to get involved, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Thank you.